Member: UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) ,
Jun 19, 2012
Location: T-2 Rio Centro
Open to All; Email for more information
We hope you will join us at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) for a Leaders’ Forum on 19 June on the Future Women Want!
UN Women, in collaboration with the Government of Brazil and other partners, has organized the Leaders’ Forum on the Future Women Want: Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment for Sustainable Development to bring together women leaders and experts from 12 Governments, civil society organizations, academia and the private sector to promote and profile the role of women, as leaders, participants, contributors and beneficiaries in efforts at promoting sustainable development and poverty eradication.
The Leaders’ Forum is billed as an all-day event convened by Mme. Michelle Bachelet, Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN-Women in the Major Group Pavilion, Room T-2, Riocentro, from 9:30 am – 6:00 pm on Tuesday, 19 June. There will be an opening and closing plenary, three thematic panels and a special event featuring Ms. Bishnu Thakali, the 2011 winner of the SEED Gender Equality Award, Dr. Marie Dialo, the 2011 winner of the SEED Award and four women innovators. No tickets necessary.
There will be six speakers and panelists from civil society:
- Ms. Prerana Shakya, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, Nepal
- Ms. Sascha Gabizon, Executive Director of Women in Europe for a Common Future, Netherlands
- Ms. Anita Nayar, Executive Committee, Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era (DAWN), Philippines
- Ms. Rosa Koian, Networks Coordinator of the Bismarck Ramu Group, Papua New Guinea
- Ms. Caroline Usikpedo-Omoniye, Founder and National President of the Niger Delta Women’s Movement for Peace and Development, Nigeria
- Mr. Rafael Carvalho , Verdejar, Brazil
… and an opportunity to engage and debate with panelists.
There are no publications for this event.